Responsible Service of Alcohol NSW – 100% online
- Valid in NSW
- Includes the nationally recognised SITHFAB002 RSA course – valid in ACT, NT, QLD, SA, TAS, WA
- 100% online – start and stop as you please
- Price includes the $70 government fee for a photo competency card – No additional fees and charges
- Enrol now and receive your RSA certificate today*
- Fully qualified RSA trainers are available during business hours.
- True to life fully interactive simulations for you to practice refusal of service to a range of customers.
- Please read our student guide (PDF, 745 KB) or more about your rights
- 5 Star Hospitality Training (RTO #45332) is an official training provider
$119.00 GST Free
RSA NSW Online Summary
- RSA NSW Online One fee – No additional fees or charges. Includes $70 photo ID card.
- Arrow Training Services RTO# 45332 is an official provider of RSA Online with the NSW government.
- This RSA online course covers specific content for New South Wales Australia.
- You can start training in 2 minutes and complete your NSW training the same day!
- Qualified NSW RSA trainers are available from 9 am to 5 pm Monday to Friday and will answer queries immediately if available or will call back within 30 minutes if on another call.
- RSA via correspondence is no longer allowed by L&G NSW
- It is a mandatory NSW government requirement that you spend at least 30 minutes studying each online section there is enough online training and supporting documentation for approximately 6-8 hours of online training and additional reading materials are also available.
- As part of NSW Government online integrity measures, you will need to upload a signed and witnessed statutory declaration and witnessed photo identification. We provide you with the form needed and a list of places where you can get the form properly signed and witnessed. You can take a photo with your phone or use a scanner and upload this before completing the last section of the course.
- If you complete your RSA online before 5 pm on a business day we will apply for your ‘Interim RSA Certificate’ from L&G NSW and send you the interim certificate that night.
- Please read our student guide (PDF, 10.8mb) or more about your rights.
- You can find out more information about the NSW Government’s RSA online requirement on the Liquor & Gaming NSW website.
- If you are renewing your RSA competency card, you need to do a refresher course – and not our Online RSA course. Click here to find out more about the NSW RSA online refresher course.
- Not suitable for students in Australia on a subclass 500 visa.
Who needs an NSW Photo Competency Card?
The new NSW RSA photo ID Competency Card is essential for anyone in NSW who:
- serves alcohol
- sells alcohol
- supplies alcohol
- is a licensee
- is a crowd controller
- works as security staff
- Australian residential and postal address
- Broadband internet
- The latest version of a compatible web browser like Chrome (works best)
- Speakers or headphones
- Either microphone and/or video camera or telephone for submitting refusal of service assessments
- A desktop, laptop, iPad, tablet or large-sized smartphone. Note with iPhones you will have to click “Done” for each video sequence
- Students must complete a language, literacy and numeracy (LLN) assessment prior to starting the course.
What you will learn
With up to 6 hours of engaging online content and an additional 50 hours of supplementary reading there is plenty of material available for you to understand how to:
- Legally sell, serve and promote alcohol
- Measure standard drinks and advise patrons
- Assess and monitor the levels of intoxication of patrons
- Sell or serve alcohol responsibly
- Assist customers to drink within appropriate limits
- Assess alcohol-affected customers and identify customers to whom sale or service must be refused
- Refuse to provide alcohol to intoxicated patrons
- Detect and prevent underage drinking
Unique Student Identifier (USI)
Starting from the 1st of January 2015, the federal government added a requirement that everyone undertaking nationally recognised training in Australia must have a Unique Student Identifier (USI).
During our course enrolment process you will be asked to provide your USI – or if you don’t already have one, we help you through the process of applying for your USI online. It is essential that the details you provide when applying for your USI match with the details and primary ID that you provide to us when you enrol for our Online RSA. This is because these details must match for your statement of attainment to be validated by the Government system, otherwise, this may cause issues with the validity of your qualification.
In rare circumstances, you may need to speak directly with the government staff to provide further details. We will notify you if this is the case.
For more information see www.usi.gov.au
Learning Skills Required
To ensure you receive an adequate level of support with your training and assessment, please consider the following questions.
Do you consider yourself to have any disability, special needs, reading or writing difficulties that may have an impact on your ability to complete this online course?
Do you believe you have the literacy skills to read and interpret documents such as:
- Identification (ID) cards?
- Proof of age cards and driver’s licences?
- Statutory signage and warning signs?
- Wording within advertising or promotional material, such as in‑house policies and procedures and any other general plain English regulatory and advisory information issued by local, or state and territory liquor licensing authorities?
Do you believe that you have the numeracy skills to measure and calculate standard drinks or samples and calculate blood alcohol levels to determine alcohol consumption?
If you are not confident that you will understand any of the components of this online training, refer to our knowledge base or contact us and we will make arrangements to assist you in your training or offer you face to face training if available in your area.
How will you be assessed?
This online RSA training is broken into several topics or sections. At the end of each section, a quiz will be presented and you will be required to answer all questions correctly online. If you get a question wrong you will be directed to review the course material after which you may reattempt the question. If you give the wrong answer another two times you will be locked out of the quiz, at which point you will need to contact a qualified trainer for assistance. Case studies and a simulated bar environment require you to implement what you have learned in typical online practical scenarios, making up the skills assessment component.
How long will the assessments take?
Approximate timings on each of the formal assessments are:
- Section 1 – 15 minutes
- Section 2 – 30 minutes
- Section 3 – 15 minutes
- Section 4 – 15 minutes
- Section 5 – 15 minutes
*Same day certificate as long as your ID is submitted & you complete all training requirements during business hours.
$119.00 inc GST