SITHGAM001 – Provide responsible gambling services
- 100% online – start and stop as you please
- RSG Online single fee – No additional fees or charges
- This course covers specific requirements for WA, QLD and the NT
- The nationally recognised statement of attainment issued is valid in WA, QLD and the NT
- You can start training in 3 minutes and have your RSG PDF statement of attainment today*
- Qualified trainers available during business hours
- Please read our student guide (PDF, 745 KB) or more about your rights
- 5 Star Hospitality Training (RTO #45332) is an official provider of RSG online
$39.00 GST Free
This unit describes the performance outcomes, skills and knowledge required to provide responsible gambling services, and information to customers who require assistance with their problem gambling.
Application of the Unit
Responsible gambling services must be provided wherever gambling activities are undertaken. In the hospitality industry, the gambling environment is usually referred to as the gaming area and is provided in a range of venues such as hotels, motels, clubs, pubs and casinos.
Gambling is defined as the staking of money on uncertain events driven by chance. The major forms of gambling are wagering (racing and sport) and gaming (gaming machines, table games, Keno and lotteries). Both forms of gambling are relevant to the hospitality industry.
Hospitality venues operate Totalisator Agency Board (TAB) outlets for wagering on racing and sport events. They also cover the full range of gaming activities, including the operation of gaming machines, table games, Keno and lotteries.
The responsible provision of gambling services is an essential underpinning skill for all hospitality personnel involved in the sale and service of gambling activities in licensed premises, including the licensee, gaming supervisors and gaming managers when involved in operational gambling activities.
The unit applies equally to frontline operational gambling personnel who operate with a limited level of autonomy and under some supervision and guidance from others. They would operate within the predefined organisational procedures and industry and regulatory authority codes of conduct.
Operational job roles would include gaming attendant, table game attendant, croupier and multi-skilled food and beverage attendant.
- Australian residential and postal address
- Broadband Internet
- Latest version of a Compatible browser: Chrome (works best) / Safari / Internet Explorer 9+
- Speakers or headphones
- Desktop / Laptop / Ipad / Android / Mobile devices
- Students must complete a language, literacy and numeracy (LLN) assessment prior to starting the course
What you will learn
- The risks of gambling and ways to actively reduce them.
- The laws governing gambling.
- How to work within the Responsible Gambling Code of Practice.
- Duty of care and how it affects you.
- Your gambling responsibilities.
- Your role in harm minimisation.
Unique Student Identifier (USI)
Starting from the 1st of January 2015, the federal government added a requirement that everyone undertaking nationally recognised training in Australia must have a Unique Student Identifier (USI).
During our course enrolment process you will be asked to provide your USI – or if you don’t already have one, we help you through the process of applying for your USI online. It is essential that the details you provide when applying for your USI match with the details and primary ID that you provide to us when you enrol. This is because these details must match for your statement of attainment to be validated by the Government system, otherwise, this may cause issues with the validity of your qualification.
In rare circumstances, you may need to speak directly with the government staff to provide further details. We will notify you if this is the case.
For more information see www.usi.gov.au
Learning Skills Required
To ensure you receive an adequate level of support with your training and assessment, please consider the following questions.
Do you consider yourself to have any disability, special needs, reading or writing difficulties that may have an impact on your ability to complete this online course?
Do you believe you have the literacy skills to read and interpret documents such as:
- Identification (ID) cards?
- Proof of age cards and driver’s licences?
- Statutory signage and warning signs?
- Wording within advertising or promotional material, such as in‑house policies and procedures and any other general plain English regulatory and advisory information issued by local, or state and territory liquor licensing authorities?
Do you believe that you have the numeracy skills to understand and explain the concept of odds to a patron?
If you are not confident that you will understand any of the components of this online training, refer to our knowledge base or contact us and we will make arrangements to assist you in your training or offer you face to face training if available in your area.
How will you be assessed?
This online RSG training is broken into several topics or sections. At the end of each section a quiz will be presented and you will be required to answer all questions correctly online. If you get a question wrong you will be directed to review the course material after which you may reattempt the question. If you give the wrong answer another two times you will be locked out of the quiz, at which point you will need to contact a qualified trainer for assistance.
Case studies require you to implement what you have learned in typical online practical scenarios, making up the skills assessment component. Your formal assessment activities have been mapped back to the Unit of Competency SITHGAM001 – Provide responsible gambling services. This unit describes the performance outcomes, skills and knowledge required to provide responsible gambling services and to assist those customers who have issues with problem gambling.
How long will the assessments take?
Approximate timings on each of the formal assessment tasks are:
- Section 1 – 15 minutes
- Section 2 – 15 minutes
- Section 3 – 15 minutes
- Section 4 – 15 minutes
*Same day certificate as long as your ID is submitted & you complete all training requirements during business hours.
$39.00 GST Free